We advise and represent concert and tour event managers and organizers, guest theatre directories, art management agencies, event agencies, artists, entertainers, tour operators, security companies, individuals and media companies in all those legal aspects concerning events and entertainments. This also includes the following topics:
- Artist social tax liability from agencies, guest performances and concert directorates;
- Fee conflicts with the GEMA, GVL and other collecting societies;
- Contractual design for organizers and participants (organizers, event facilities, event technologies such as sound, light, stage etc., artists, guest performance agencies, restaurateurs, hoteliers etc.);
- Official permits and licenses for performances of foreign artists in Germany;
- VAT exemption acc. § 4 No. 20a and b UStG, application of the standard and reduced VAT rate, taxability for cross-border services, limited tax liabilities etc.;
- Labour Law issues;
- Trademark, title protection and competition law issues in the context of event law;
- Copyright issues;
- Customer protection and conceptual protection in the agency business;
- Liability of event organizers.
For the organization and realization of even smaller events, it is fundamental to regulate every action with related contracts; medium and large events need to be regulated by a variety of legal relationships. At a live-event it is really important to have a strong organizational structure able to react as quickly as possible (and in a legal manner!) in the most unpredictable situations.
We do not only accompany you throughout all your legal issues that may have to be clarified before an event, but we can also be present on the occasion of your event to solve unpredictable problems immediately.
Our lawyers are specialized in copyright and media law, and we all are fluent in English. This allows us to follow you even throughout international events legal aspects.
Please feel free to contact us for further information and queries.
In what concerns the publishing legislation?
A Publishing Agreement authorizes the author to leave the work to the publisher for duplication and distribution in his representation. The publisher is obliged to reproduce and distribute the work as it is. Typical publishing contracts regard subjects of literary or musical works.
What is a „Publishing contract“?
The relationship between the authors and the publisher can be freely arranged. Some publishing contracts are based on the standard agreement of the Exchange Association. The non-binding Publishing Law (from 1901) regulates the main features.
What can we do for you?
- Contracting and auditing of licensing agreements, remuneration agreements, publishing, editors and publishers administration contracts, including contracting for the production of sound, film and data media; (artists and bands publishing contract, distribution contracts, and performance contracts).
- General media law including publishing, press, internet, music, film, television and event law as well as drafting contracts for film and television productions (scripted contracts, license agreements, production agreements);
- Management, agency, consultancy and promotion contracts; media cooperation and merchandising agreements;
- Protection of domain names, brand and company codes, hosting access, service and content provisions as well as general liability issues on the internet, in particular the liability for own and third-party sited or another type of networking;
- Software and database law (with mobile commerce and MMS and digital rights management, ie handling of DRM systems, technical protection measures such as access control systems and copy protection system), in particular copy protection for audio CDs, DVDs as well as for film and multimedia DVDs and other data carriers;
- Negotiation Management for authors with production and distribution companies;
- Conduct negotiations between production and sale companies against authors;
- Copyright examinations and evaluations, especially in the areas of design and art, as well as in the case of speech, sound and image works;
- National and international law enforcement; utilization assessments (admissibility assessment of work use);
- Judicial and arbitration enforcement of all kinds of copyrights, including interim injunctions and international legal proceedings.
Further topics and services offered by our Law Firm
- Publishing Law;
- Publishing Law Attorneys Hanover;
- Verify, create the publishing license;
- Author´s contracts;
- Publishing company;
- Book publishing;
- Music publishing;
- Publisher agreement;